A couple days ago I finally put the Punix source code into the Subversion repository on SourceForge. I figured it was about time that I used Subversion instead of the older CVS. This also means that the CVS repository is deprecated and will not be maintained. It will exist only for looking at code history.
Also, during the past couple of days I have been working on fixing the scheduler. To do this I wrote a simple program that simulates the scheduler that I can run on my computer and that shows everything that happens in the scheduler (such as clock ticks and the results of priority calculations). As a result of this, I found one small but serious bug in nextready() which would cause a crash in the real system. Besides that, I tuned the algorithm so it would take the process's nice value into account with a reasonable weight relative to the cpu time of the process (higher nice and/or higher cpu time means lower priority). I implemented the computation of load averages in the simulation, so I still need to copy that over to the real version.