March 27, 2010

gcc4ti and TiEmu

Yay, I got gcc4ti compiled and installed on my PowerMac. It wasn't as painful as I thought it might be (though it required running as root just to compile). It did take quite awhile to finish, since this machine runs at only 400 MHz...

Anyway, I also have TiEmu running on this box; I compiled that a few months ago. So what this all means is that I can continue writing Punix!

I was also pleasantly surprised to see that TiEmu can run at full speed at about 40% CPU usage on my PowerMac:
  PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND           
13205 christop 20 0 60892 31m 19m R 39.7 3.1 3:52.70 tiemu

On my 300 MHz Pentium II laptop, TiEmu runs at about one-fifth of full speed. Go PowerPC!

1 comment:

Jim said...

Great news, this makes me really happy.
You know, once I thought of porting µcLinux (and mac os 1....)to the calculator, but I didn't continue because of Pedrom and of Punix.
I guess that punix will also run alot faster than Linux on a M68, because it punix is made for it.
Good luck!

Jim