March 22, 2010

Punix is hibernating

I know it's been several months since the last real update. I've been really busy with school, work, and taking care of my pregnant wife. I'm trying to get back into developing Punix, particularly the filesystem, and I've been studying how the VFS works in Linux (it's much more straight-forward than the VFS implementations in BSD systems).

My only working computer right now is an old PowerMac running Debian, and I haven't had time to get TIGCC or GCC4TI compiled and working on it to continue developing Punix. This means I'll probably end up writing a lot of code that won't compile at first, until I get TIGCC or GCC4TI working, or until I get another computer running Fedora or something. I'll also probably write a lot of code in the "sim" directory to test it out natively on my desktop before adapting it to work in Punix. I've done this in the past to test out algorithms for the scheduler and the flash (FlashROM) block device driver.

1 comment:

signs said...

Loved readinng this thank you